MBNA is owned by TD and holds the rights to the Alaska Airlines card in Canada.
- 25k Alaska Airlines MileagePlan Bonus Points upon approval (After 1st billing cycle)
- $1,000 Minimum Spend
- Annual Fee of $75*
- *The annual fee is normally $75 per year but If you apply through my link here ^^^ then you get $60 cash sent to you in a cheque from GreatCanadianRebates.ca. It's a hell of a deal. Only $15 for 25,000 Alaska miles.
- You also get a Companion pass which lets you book a flight for one person anywhere that Alaska or Virgin America flies and you can book a 2nd person and only pay $121 USD plus the taxes and fees for that flight.
How I use it
I got the 25,000 miles and used most of them on a trip from Hawaii back to Canada. Cool things about the Alaska Airlines Program
- They charge really low Fuel Surcharge (As low as $6 per flight originating from the US)
- You can get a Free Stopover using no extra miles!
- You can now earn and redeem on IcelandAir
- So many other great hacking tips - TravelisFree,OneMileAtaTime
Alaska has some awesome redemption partners you could use your miles on:
- Air France
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Fiji Airways
- Hainan Airlines
- Japan Airlines